Exclusive access to the inner circle at Stonehenge after it has closed to the public.
New for 2017 we have teamed up with Pat Shelley of Salisbury and Stonehenge Guided Tours, one of the World’s leading experts of Stonehenge and it’s landscape, to provide tours from Bath to the inner circle at Stonehenge after it has closed to the public.
Numbers are very strictly limited to the inner circle and demand always outstrips supply so early booking is important, and advisable. This is far more than a tour, it is an experience which allows you to visit Stonehenge in a way that no other visitor can. Most of the 1.3 million visitors walk around the outside of the stones behind a low rope barrier but these tours will allow you to get inside Stonehenge and appreciate how magnificent the stones are close up. This is a truly awesome experience!
Our special access tours will show you more than just Stonehenge. You will learn how older monuments may have influenced its development. The inner circle tours to Stonehenge mainly take place in the evening, after the stones have closed to the public and the itinerary is:
- Leave Bath early to mid afternoon, 1 hour 15 minutes guided drive to Salisbury.
- Have some free time to explore the medieval city of Salisbury or a quick visit to the Cathedral and Magna Carta.
- On leaving Salisbury, we will pass by Old Sarum, the original city of Salisbury.
- Visit Woodhenge and Durrington Walls where the builders of Stonehenge are believed to have lived.
- Hear about the exciting archaeological discoveries made by the Stonehenge Riverside Project during the last few years.
- Visit a barrow, one of the ancient burrial mounds around Stonehenge.
- See the Cursus, and take a walk along the Avenue and get one of the most interesting views of Stonehenge.
- Special access tour around the centre of Stonehenge circle after it is closed to the public
- Visit all the sites seem in the PBS program Secrets of Stonehenge.
- Please note this tour involves some brisk walking across open grassland.
- Return transport from Bath provided.
The cost for the following Stonehenge Special Access Tour is just £135 per person and this includes transport from Bath City Centre and entrance to Stonehenge with a fully guided tour.
Dates for these special access tours to the inner circle at Stonehenge:
May 4th, 11th, 13th and 18th all SOLD OUT
May 8th (Departing Bath 4.15am, returning 07.40am. Guided by Paul, no landscape walk or Salisbury visit). Seats available, please email.
May 9th (3 seats remaining), 25th, (2 seats remaining), May 27th available
June 1st, 3rd, 8th (1 space available), 10th
August 28th. Guided by Paul this tour departs from Bath at 5pm, includes a visit to the Stonehenge visitor centre, guided landscape walk and 7.45pm access to the Inner Circle for an hour. We will be back in Bath around 10pm.
Please email us for dates to Stonehenge inner circle from Bath in July, August and September.
Other dates may be available, as are private tours. These comprise a fully guided drive to and from Stonehenge, view of Woodhenge and Durrinton Walls and an hour inside the inner circle, but without a landscape walk. This takes approximately 4 hours door to door from Bath.