Stonehenge Express is the fastest, the one and only whistle-stop tour of Stonehenge.
Leaving central Bath at 9.30am (sometimes 08.00 / 08.30 ) we will arrive at the World Heritage Site of Stonehenge well before the crowds. This whistle-stop tour has been designed exclusively for those of you with little time but a strong desire to visit this ancient and important Pre-historic World Monument. We arrive back in Bath 3 1/2 hours later, please check our booking calendar for exact times.
- We depart from the centre of Bath at variable times so please check our booking calendar.
- Stonehenge: The pre-historic site of Stonehenge built more than 5,000 years ago continues to inspire mystery and awe today. You will have the opportunity to explore these incredible neolithic stones. Research suggests that the site could have been a funeral or healing ground and today it maintains its religious significance with many thousands of people using it as a place of pilgrimage.
- There is beautiful scenery to view along the way along with Bronze Aged burial mounds, an Iron Age Hill Fort and, weather permitting, the Westbury White Horse chalk carving. You might also get a story or two, there are a lot to tell in this part of the world!
- Stonehenge Express has been designed to offer visitors with little time the opportunity to visit the World Heritage Site in a morning – the Tour does not allow much time to visit the Visitor Centre as we find many people take this tour just to view the stones – if you would rather spend longer at Stonehenge and take in the Visitor Centre also we recommend you book the Stonehenge & Lacock Tour.
- Return to Bath approximately 3 1/2 hours later
Here at Lion Tours we keep our tours small and personal giving you the opportunity to relax and enjoy this majestic and magical corner of England.
All of our guides are friendly, helpful and have a vast wealth of knowledge which they will share with you throughout the tour.
Price: Adults £35.00, students/ over 60’s £32.00, children 5 to 15 years £24.00, children 0 to 4 years are £5.
If you have National Trust or English Heritage membership please select ‘transport only’ on the booking page and give your membership card to your driver to show the Stonehenge booking office.
Booking Your Tour
To make sure you have a seat on the date you would like we highly recommend you book in advance here, you can also email (preferred contact): firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on: 07769 668668.