Discover a Mystical England full of Ancient Beauty & Wonder with Lion Tours…
We leave Bath at 08.30am and begin our mystical King Arthurs Realm Tour starting with the most well-known Pre-historic site in Europe, Stonehenge. We will then take you to beautiful Salisbury to visit the Cathedral and historic Magna Carta. We then head deep into Somerset – into King Arthur’s Avalon, to Glastonbury – to discover the magical, holy Glastonbury Tor – forever linked with the mystical Isle of Avalon – find the healing sanctuary of the Chalice Gardens and its infamous Chalice Well. Finally we head to the classical Cathedral City of Wells, where you can enjoy the majestic Cathedral, the unique moated Bishops Residence and the possibility of hearing a spellbinding choral evensong – we arrive back in Bath at 6.30pm.
Leave Bath at 08.30am (please arrive ten minutes early – so we can leave on time).
- Stonehenge: This full day trip trip begins at one of the best known wonders of the planet –
Stonehenge, a sacred, pre-historic site, built more than 5,000 years ago yet it still inspires mysterious wonder today. Weather permitting we will walk across the landscape to the Heal Stone to view the great stone circles. If the weather is bad we will make a photo stop from the road.
- Salisbury: Extraordinary vision imagined then built a Cathedral on this scale and majesty. Wonder at the ingenuity and faith that created it. Also housed here is the best copy of the Magna Carta and 2015 celebrates the 800th anniversary of the first human rights charter. (Suggested donation £7.50/£6.50) You may just wish to meander through the medieval streets of this market town.
- Glastonbury: This former market town turned New Age hangout is usually our lunch stop, you may wish to visit The Rainbows End cafe or Burns the Bread or just wander around the quirky eclectic shops. There will be time to experience some of the highlights below:
- Glastonbury Tor: An ancient hill, which is connected to King Arthur and Guinevere, where two ancient, sacred geomagnetic lines of Michael and Mary combine – the only male and female energy lines found together and of course the Tor is thought to be the Isles of Avalon. Many people have also reported unusual, and magical happenings on the Tor – perhaps you will too?
- Glastonbury Chalice Well: situated right between the Tor and the Chalice Hill the sacred and enchanting Chalice Gardens in Glastonbury hold one of the UK’s oldest wells. The Chalice Well and Gardens have been a place of respite, meditation and peace for the last two thousand years for many thousands of people. Admission £4.30 / £3.50.
- Glastonbury Abbey: This is one of England’s earliest, most important and most fascinating abbeys, providing sanctuary, tranquility, history and heritage in one special place. Visit the legendary burial place of King Arthur or marvel at the Holy Thorn. Admission price £6.90.
- Wells: England’s smallest city, medieval Wells is enchanting with it’s glorious 13th Century Cathedral. The city, which can be traced back to Roman times, takes its name from the small springs which bubbled up and which can still be found in the gardens of the wonderful moated Bishops residence.
- Wells Cathedral: lauded as one of England’s most beautiful Cathedrals – the Choral Evensong can be a deeply moving and spiritual experience, sung by the Wells Cathedral or visiting choirs. Sometimes we are lucky enough to hear the choir practice. Go to the Wells Cathedral Website here to find out when it is next on. Suggested donation of £6.00/£5.00
- Cost: £45.00, (£25 children). Excludes optional admission fees.
- Return to Bath: at 6pm if Choral Evensong practice is available to listen to t.
Here at Lion Tours we keep our tours small and personal giving you the opportunity to relax and enjoy this majestic and magical corner of England.
All of our guides have a vast wealth of knowledge which they will share with you throughout the day.
Booking Your Tour
To make sure you have a seat on the date you would like we highly recommend you book in advance here, you can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferable) or telephone us on: 07769 668668 (if we are driving we will try and call you back as soon as we stop!) .
When tour numbers are likely to be low we may offer our Stonehenge Express tour from 08.30 to 12.15 followed by an afternoon Wells and Glastonbury tour from 12.30 to 18.30 for the same total cost. If we get sufficient numbers of people we will then convert it to a full day tour including Salisbury. We will contact you beforehand if this is the case so please provide accurate contact information, telling us that you are ´staying in Bath´ and providing a home landline number is not going to help us find you ! Thanks 🙂