Discover a Mystical England full of Ancient Beauty & Wonder with Lion Tours.
Heading off from Bath to explore deep into Somerset and King Arthur’s realm, stopping at Nunney Castle on the way. Discover Glastonbury, with holy Glastonbury Tor – forever linked with the mystical Isle of Avalon. Find the healing sanctuary of the Chalice Gardens and its famous Chalice Well. Next we head to the classical Cathedral City of Wells, where you can enjoy the majestic Cathedral, the unique moated Bishops Residence and the oldest Medieval street in Europe. Our journey back to Bath takes us through the striking landscape of Cheddar Gorge,
- Depart from Bath at 09:30 (please arrive ten minutes early – so we can leave on time).
- Nunney Castle: Moated castle, built in the late 14th century from profits made in the Hundred Years War. Described as the most aesthetically pleasing castle in Somerset.
- Glastonbury: This former market town turned New Age hangout is usually our lunch stop, you may wish to visit The Rainbows End cafe or Burns the Bread or just wander around the quirky eclectic shops. There will be time to experience some of the highlights below:
- Glastonbury Tor: An ancient hill, which is connected to King Arthur and Guinevere, where two ancient, sacred geomagnetic lines of Michael and Mary combine – the only male and female energy lines found together and of course the Tor is thought to be the Isles of Avalon. Many people have also reported unusual, and magical happenings on the Tor – perhaps you will too?
- Glastonbury Chalice Well: situated right between the Tor and the Chalice Hill the sacred and enchanting Chalice Gardens in Glastonbury hold one of the UK’s oldest wells. The Chalice Well and Gardens have been a place of respite, meditation and peace for the last two thousand years for many thousands of people. Admission £4.30 / £3.50.
- Glastonbury Abbey: This is one of England’s earliest, most important and most fascinating abbeys, providing sanctuary, tranquility, history and heritage in one special place. Visit the legendary burial place of King Arthur or marvel at the Holy Thorn. Admission price £6.90.
- Wells: England’s smallest city, medieval Wells is enchanting with it’s glorious 13th Century Cathedral. The city, which can be traced back to Roman times, takes its name from the small springs which bubbled up and which can still be found in the gardens of the wonderful moated Bishops residence.
- Wells Cathedral: lauded as one of England’s most beautiful Cathedrals – the Choral Evensong can be a deeply moving and spiritual experience, sung by the Wells Cathedral or visiting choirs. Sometimes we are lucky enough to hear the choir practice. Go to the Wells Cathedral Website here to find out when it is next on. Suggested donation of £6.00/£5.00
- Return to Bath at 6 pm
Cost: £45.00, (£25 children). Excludes optional admission fees.
Here at Lion Tours we keep our tours small and personal giving you the opportunity to relax and enjoy this majestic and magical corner of England.
All of our guides have a vast wealth of knowledge which they will share with you throughout the day.
Booking Your Tour
To make sure you have a seat on the date you would like we highly recommend you book in advance here or send us a message through our contact page.